The City of Brampton utilizes bids&tenders, our ebidding platform to allow vendors to view, download and submit bids entirely online in one quick, easy and convenient location.
Suppliers interested in receiving notification or interested in bidding on City of Brampton opportunities will need to
create an account on bids&tenders.
The City of Brampton employs various methods to procure goods, services and construction in accordance with the
Purchasing By-law. We make every effort to contract with vendors that have the capability to meet the needs of the City providing quality goods, services and construction at competitive prices.
Procurement methods include but not limited to; Tenders, Request for Proposals, Quotations and Limited Tenders. Purchasing determines the method while considering factors such as:
- the most favourable price might be obtained
- the nature and importance of the contemplated purchase
- the urgency of the purchase
- the urgency of the requirement
- general trade practices and market conditions
$25,000 & Greater – no competitive process
$25,0000 to $100,000 – conducted by Departments (Required to invite at least 3 Vendors)
$100,000 & Greater – conducted by Purchasing (via bids&tenders)
Up to $25,000 - PCard
It is the constant endeavour of Purchasing, in consultation with departmental staff and the vendor community; to develop new sources of supply and to develop alternative products to those presently in use, having in mind the ultimate end use cost, as well as quality. To purchase:
- Non-restrictive, competitive basis specifications and standards are continually being reviewed.
- To assure all qualified vendors have an equal opportunity to conduct business with the City of Brampton.
- To maintain the highest standards of business ethics in our dealings with vendors.
- The lowest or any bid will not necessarily be accepted.
The City of Brampton has an Inclusive Customer Service Policy and governs actions of all persons providing services on behalf of the City of Brampton, including vendors and agents. Compliance with the policy includes training.
All vendors and agents are required to confirm that they have read, understood and will comply with the City of Brampton's Inclusive Customer Service Resource manual. Please review the
Accessibility section for additional information.
City of Brampton Notice of Participation with Buying Groups
The City of Brampton intends to participate in one or more procurements conducted by the following buying groups. For further information and access to relevant information and notices, please review the websites below: