Approved 2019 Operating and Capital Budgets
March 19-25, 2019
for the results of the February 12th and March 4th Telephone Town Hall Polling Questions.
to listen to the March 4th Telephone Town Hall audio recording.
Annual Financial Report 2017
- Contains the City's consolidated financial statements
Financial Information Return 2017
- The Financial Information Return (FIR) is a standard set of year-end reports which capture financial and statistical information for each Municipality in the Province. Every Municipality in the Province will complete and submit a Financial Information Return to the Ministry each year.
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Brampton City Council approved the 2020 Budget at a
Special Council Meeting
on February 26th, with record contribution to reserves and a second consecutive tax freeze.
- 0% property tax freeze on the City's portion of the tax bill
- City's 0.0% + Region's 1.3% + School Boards' 0.0% = 1.3% (average of $64 per household)
- City's net operating expenditures are increasing by $47 million, funded through assessment growth, revenue growth and the stormwater charge
- 2020 Budget is $977 million: $755 million operating + $222 million capital
- Includes contribution to City's reserves of $110 million, strengthening City's financial position
- Includes 1% Transit Levy and 2% Infrastructure Levy to maintain assets and ensure city-building can continue