Tourist destinations which operate on or near Brampton roads can apply for directional road signs under the Tourism Oriented Destination Signage (TODS) program. If you are an eligible tourism operator, and if sign space exists, you can apply for up to 4 signs bearing your operation's name, a generic symbol (or in some cases your corporate logo) and directional information.
To place signs on Ontario’s 400-series highways, review the provincial requirements,
All operators applying to the City of Brampton’s TODS program must meet the following eligibility criteria or be approved by
Ontario's TODS program.
To qualify, your tourist operation must:
- Be open to the general public.
- Comply with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal legislation.
- Be accessible by a road open to traffic.
- Be open to the public for at least 12 consecutive weeks per year.
- Be open at least five days a week during its operating season, on advertised days and times.
- Advertise its location, operating season, hours, and contact information in public material available locally.
For more information, review the City's
Detailed Criteria and
The cost of the TODS program is the responsibility of the tourist operator. The operator will be charged a one-time fee for installation and custom logos (if applicable) and on an annual basis to recover the costs of maintenance.
Annual fees are $65 or $153 depending on the size of the sign.
How to Apply for the TODS Program