The City's Development Construction section provides construction supervision for all new subdivisions. Inspectors ensure that construction is performed according to the approved drawings and established standards.
Construction and maintenance of the sanitary sewers, watermains and fire hydrants are the responsibility of the Region of Peel.
Development Construction will:
- Ensure underground and above ground works (roads, sidewalk, storm sewers, lot grading, noise walls, privacy fences, etc.) are constructed in accordance with the agreements and approved drawings.
- Review and process requests for letters of credit reduction. Letters of Credit are reduced as works are completed.
- Ensure sediment controls are in place for all new subdivisions. As part of this process, our group will review and issue Topsoil Removal and/or Fill Permits for all new subdivisions prior to construction of underground services.
- Liaise with the Consultant Engineers to ensure the Developer completes all civil works.
- Recommend the assumption of the new subdivision to Council when all of the Developer’s obligations are complete.