​​​​​​​​​The City of Brampton is only able to respond to information requests that pertain to City records. For information requests that pertain to the records of other institutions, it is necessary to contact the applicable institution directly. Records that are commonly requested that fall under this category include:

Land Registry

Property ownership records in Ontario are maintained by the Provincial Government. The records include:

  • Property surveys;
  • Information about the title, which is a legal term for the land rights held by a person or corporation;
  • Information about the deed, which is a term used for the legal document that transfers title from one person to another; and,
  • Mortgage and other land documents.

The records can be accessed at a Land Registry Office or online. Fees may apply.

Assessment Rolls

The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is responsible for assessing all properties in the Province of Ontario, including the City of Brampton​. Assessment is the value assigned by MPAC to all property including land and buildings. The assessed value of property multiplied by the appropriate tax rate set each year by the City Council, determines the taxes each property owner pays. This rate includes the taxes levied by the school boards and the Region of Peel.

The assessment rolls list all property in Brampton, including owners' names, mailing addresses and the assessed value of each property. Assessment Roll information is available to the public through self-serve kiosks at City Hall during office hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.

Region of Peel

The Region of Peel provides services and infrastructure related to water delivery, wastewater treatment, waste collection, arterial roads, public health, public housing and long-term care, social services, police and paramedic services within Brampton. For information on Regional services, contact 211 (905-791-7800 if calling from outside of the Region) or visit the Region’s website.

Peel Regional Police

Peel Regional Police provide police services in Brampton. ​Information on obtaining a police report is available ​here.

Information on filing a formal access to information request is available here. For general information, contact 905-453-3311.

Electrical Safety Authority

Most electrical work in Ontario requires a permit and inspection from the Electrical Safety Authority, which is not the same as a City Building Permit. Records of electrical permits and inspections can be obtained by calling 1-877-ESA-SAFE (1.877.372.7233) or visit https://esasafe.com/​​