As you pay your cash fare, request a transfer from the Operator and you will be entitled to unlimited travel for the duration of the transfer. Transfers expire two hours from the time of issue.
Show the transfer to the bus operator each time you board a bus to verify that it is valid. Expired transfers will not be accepted or reissued. Passengers are required to pay the regular fare once their transfer is expired. In the event of a fare dispute, passengers are asked to pay the correct fare and contact Customer Service at 905.874.2999. Keep the disputed transfer and record the four-digit bus number, date, and time of the occurrence.
Transfers are only valid for use by the customer to whom the transfer was issued.
When using PRESTO or a contactless credit card or debit card, an electronic transfer is included with the cost of the fare, allowing you to travel for two hours from the time of issue. If you are connecting to or from GO Transit, the co-fare is automatically calculated on a PRESTO card and contactless credit or debit card.
- Brampton Transit will accept transfers from the following Transit Agencies at any location, only if there is time remaining on the transfer:
- Oakville Transit
- Burlington Transit
- Milton Transit
- Hamilton Street Railway
- Durham Region Transit
- TTC – Zone 3 punched transfer ONLY
- Brampton Transit will
not reissue transfers
- Brampton Transit will
not accept paper period passes (weekly or monthly) from other Transit Agencies, except from YRT/VIVA, in York Region on Queen Street/Highway 7 (east of The Gore Road)
- For customers with a valid PRESTO pass from another Transit Agency (e.g., YRT/VIVA):
- If you have tapped on that Transit Agency’s PRESTO device prior to riding a Brampton Transit bus, the remaining time on your PRESTO transfer will be used to complete your journey
- If the PRESTO transfer time has expired, a valid Brampton Transit PRESTO Pass, or card balance is required to complete your journey Brampton Transit
- Brampton Transit transfers are valid for two hours from the time of issue
- Paper transfers will
not be issued to PRESTO card holders or payments made with a contactless credit card
- There are no changes to the GO Transit co-fare policy. Passengers travelling between Brampton Transit and a GO Transit Train station are still eligible for the $0 GO co-fare. See below for details.