Participants ages 2 years to Adult, can take a non-recital class without the commitment of a recital performance. In-class performances may be offered. This gives dancers the opportunity to try a class for a shorter period of time.
Dance Disciplines offered:
- Acro - This course develops strength, coordination and flexibility. Emphasis is placed on gymnastic movements (cartwheels, headstand, back arch and recovery) while incorporating basic jazz steps. Participants advance as they build on the foundation learned in previous levels.
- Ballet - Explore the grace and beauty of ballet. Participants will learn basic ballet technique with graceful movement and coordination.
- Ballroom (18+) - You and your partner can learn to express yourselves by learning steps in waltz, swing, rhumba and merengue.
- Belly Dancing (18+) - Learn the ancient art of belly dance. The course will be a fusion of traditional belly dance moves with a modern twist and will work on technique and coordination.
- Country Line Dancing (18+) - This class will focus on the most popular Country 'Pattern' dances and will introduce many of the basic moves necessary for Line Dancing.
- Hip Hop - Participants will learn the basics of hip hop and street style moves through fun choreography.
- Jazz - Jazz is a dance style that enhances your coordination and flexibility through fun and trendy dance steps.
- Latin Line Dancing (18+) - This class will use upbeat music to teach lively dances such as the Swing, Salsa, Cha Cha and Samba.
- Musical Theatre – This course develops your song and dance abilities while engaging your inner actor/actress.
- Tiny Dancers - This introductory dance program emphasizes fun, creative movement and physical literacy within a dance environment. Children will participate in a combination class of Ballet, Hip Hop, Jazz, Acro and Tap to help foster a love for dance.
- Tap - Tap Dance is a style that teaches rhythmic patterns and beats with your feet. Dancers will learn basic tap steps and skills through combinations.
How to Register
Register online using an existing or new City of Brampton Recreation registration account. View this tutorial for a step-by-step guide on how to set-up a new account. Should you have questions, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for support. Alternatively, residents are encouraged to call 311 for registration support.