Aquatic Certification Training Program
Through this program, the City is offering free aquatic certification courses to individuals ages 14 and older who are successful in a skills assessment. Participants are invited to register for an assessment to demonstrate their aquatic skills and athletic abilities. Successful candidates will receive their aquatic certifications completely free.
Prerequisites to Participate in a Skills Assessment:
- Minimum age of 14
- A strong swimmer
- The desire to help others and teach lifesaving skills
Please come prepared to complete your assessment in the pool with the following items:
- Proper bathing attire
Upon successful completion of a skills assessment, the following aquatic certification courses are eligible for a 100% discount:
- Bronze Medallion and Emergency First Aid
- Bronze Cross and Standard First Aid
- Lifesaving Society Swim, Lifesaving and Emergency First Aid Instructors
- Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard (Pool Option)
Please be advised, the discount form will be valid for courses starting on or after Friday, February 10, 2023 for courses completed prior to Sunday, January 7, 2024. Discount forms are not valid for previously completed courses.