Chinguacousy Park Sandra Hames Tennis Centre
Please review the indoor tennis etiquette and guidelines below to ensure a positive and enjoyable experience for all players.
- It is requested participants arrive at the facility 10 minutes prior to scheduled start time and recommended that participants arrive dressed (with the exception of footwear) and ready to play to prevent any delays in the start of game play.
- All players are required to check in at the customer service desk.
- Spectators are not permitted. Anyone within the tennis bubble is required to have a membership or pay the daily guest fee.
- Maximum of four (4) people per court.
- One (1) ball hopper is permitted per court with a maximum of twenty-four (24) balls; without a ball hopper the maximum amount of twelve (12) balls is permitted.
- Yelling, horseplay, foul language and any other disruptive behaviour is not permitted and may result in removal from the courts by staff.
- Alcohol is not permitted in the tennis bubble.
- Outside coaching/instructing is strictly prohibited.
- Youth under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult for all tennis bookings.
- Non-marking tennis shows only. Players must not enter the court area with outside footwear. Please wipe shoes thoroughly before entering the playing surface.
- Proper tennis clothing is required. Cut offs and jeans are not permitted.
Amenities and Equipment
- All participants are required to bring their own equipment for play.
- A hands-fee water bottle re-fill station is available for use in the lobby.
- Lockers are available at this time for day use or season rental.
- Showers and change rooms are available.
- Tennis balls are available for purchase at the customer service desk.
- Ball Machine is available for rent; Non-prime time hours.
- Entry into the tennis bubble area is restricted to a maximum of 5 minutes in advance of reserved play. The next group are asked to wait for their start time in the lobby.
- The bell will go off on the zero minute of the hour to let the next group of participants know to proceed to their court.
- Players are asked to tidy and exit the court promptly once the bell sounds.