Beach Admission Policy for Children under 14
Children 5 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a parent/guardian wearing bathing attire in the water, and within arm's reach. Participants are only allowed in the shallow end and a 2:1 ratio (2 children to every guardian) must be maintained.
Children between 6 and 9 years of age that are not accompanied by a parent/guardian in the water, are required to perform a Facility Swim Test. If the child does not pass the Facility Swim Test, admission is denied.
Children between 6 and 9 years of age that are not able to pass or do not wish to participate in the Facility Swim Test, must be accompanied by a parent/guardian wearing bathing attire, in the water, and within arm’s reach. Participants are only allowed in the shallow end and a 2:1 (2 children to every guardian) ratio must be maintained. If lifejackets are worn by all, then an 8:1 (8 children to every guardian ratio must be maintained.
Participants who are able to pass the Facility Swim Test may swim in the deep end. The original wristband is retained and not removed, and the Green wristband is added onto the same wrist. Wristband only administered by Aquatic Staff. All children under 14 years of age wishing to swim in the deep end must pass a Facility Swim Test.
Children between 10 and 15 years of age no matter what their swimming ability. Participants 14 years of age and older will not require a wristband.
Boat Rental Admission Policy
- Participants under the age of fourteen (14) must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times. An adult (14 years of age or older) is only able to supervise 2 persons under the age of 14.
- Participants with seizure disorders or serious medical conditions should be accompanied by an individual knowledgeable of their condition and responsible for their direct supervision.
Boat Rental Rules:
- Adhere to the time of your rental. You must be back at your designated time or you will be charged for increased time usage.
- Lifejackets must be worn at all times on docks and in watercrafts.
- Remain in your craft at all times unless supervised by a lifeguard
- Do not pick up or drop off people other than at the boathouse.
- No horseplay while in your watercraft.
- In case of emergency, use one long whistle blast to signal the lifeguards that you require immediate emergency assistance when on the water. If possible hold a paddle straight up into the air for location reference.
- Items are not permitted to be left in the boathouse. The City of Brampton is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged belongings.
- No switching of patrons during a boat rental.