Girls and Women in Sports Leadership Conference
Register now for We Play Too: Girls and Women in Sports Leadership, a FREE, interactive virtual conference for youth ages 14+.
Beginning May 2, from 1pm to 3 pm, you can interact with industry-leading experts, learn how to use sport to your advantage in your careers, receive assistance building a road map for your career in or out of sports, and network with your peers throughout the G.T.A.
To register, view the registration link at the bottom of this page under the section titled “Register Here!”
*Attendees of this event will receive a coupon code that can be redeemed for a free medium-sized Domino's pizza that includes 1 topping and have the chance to win a $50 EB Games gift card.
Lead Coach of Fitness & Performance, University of Toronto
Co-founder, Lead Thru Sport
Lee Anna Osei
Head Coach of Women’s Basketball, St. Francis Xavier University
Download Your Conference Booklet
To download your conference booklet, please click here.
To register for this FREE
event, please click here
- After registering, participants will receive a confirmation email that will include login details and a calendar invite for this event. You can join the event using your favourite browser (Chrome is recommended), on your desktop or device of choice. To view a guide on how to join WebEx, please click hereThe personal information on this form is collected under authority of the Municipal Act, S.O. 2001, c. 25. This ase review the City’s Privacy Statement for more information.
- Participating in this program is relative to your own state of fitness and health, including the awareness, care and skill with which you conduct yourself when undertaking activities in a program. You, as the participant, acknowledge that it is your right and responsibility to decrease or completely stop participating in any activity should the participant feel any pain, discomfort, fatigue or feel unsafe to continue doing so and inform City staff about your concerns or symptoms as soon as possible, at your sole discretion.
- The personal information on this form is collected under authority of the Municipal Act, S.O. 2001, c. 25. This information will be used for the purposes of planning, administering, and evaluating youth-focused programs, and for communicating with individuals regarding their survey results. Questions about the collection of personal information should be directed to the Recreation Community Development Supervisor; 2 Wellington St W; Brampton; ON; L6Y 4R2; 905.874.2308. Please review the City’s Privacy Statement for more information.
Technical Requirements to Participate
Video conferencing is an engaging way for participants to enjoy a face-to-face programming without coming into a Recreation Centre. Participants can join the program using a variety of devices with built-in cameras, including desktop computers, smart phones, and chrome books.
To participate fully, participants will require:
- Access to a computer, laptop, large tablet or another device that is large enough to view and follow along with the instructor’s lesson;
- A microphone as well as headphones/earbuds to participate in the activities and communicate with their instructor;
- A functional webcam or built-in camera to participate in activities;
- A reliable internet connection.